When it comes to a great barbeque, there is no doubt that everyone loves a great burger. While it’s easy to go to your closest grocery store and purchase some pre-made burger patties, nothing beats a burger patty made from scratch. A properly shaped patty is among the important factors at guaranteeing the success of your barbeque meal like choosing a good grill suitable to your needs. (Worry not, as we’ve already done our research on that topic for you – check out our reviews on the best propane smokers, burner gas grills, and George Foreman grills.)
When you make your burger patties, you very well can shape the burger on your own; but why deal with sticky, raw meat on your hands when you can use a burger press? Burger presses are convenient and are worth purchasing to make grilling easier.
There are some non-negotiables when it comes to the best burger press; this includes being able to easily remove your patty, a press that makes an evenly cooked and juicy burger, a burger press made out of durable and long-lasting material, and purchasing a great quality burger press at a great price.
Table of Contents
- What is a burger press?
- Reviews of the 10 Best Burger Press Options
- 1. Weston Burger Express Hamburger Press With Patty Ejector
- 2. Cuisinart CSBP-100 3-in-1 Stuffed Burger Press
- 3. Grillaholics Stuffed Burger Press
- 4. Tuknon Burger Press, 3 in 1 Hamburger Patty Maker
- 5. Shape+Store Burger Master 8-in-1 Innovative Burger Press
- 6. Gladworts Burger Press Aluminum
- 7. Prepworks by Progressive Perfect Burger Press Set
- 8. Prepworks by Progressive Perfect Burger Press
- 9. MiiKO Stuffed Burger Press
- 10. Weber 6483 Original Burger Press
- A Buyer’s Guide to Purchasing the Best Burger Press
- Our Top Pick…
What is a burger press?
Now, what exactly does a burger press do? Normally, when making burger patties, you would form the meat in a ball shape with your hands, flatten it a bit, and either grill it on the stove or a grill outdoors.
A burger press is a kitchen appliance that will form and shape your burger patties for you. You place the raw meat in the burger press, press the lid down, lift the top, and you have a burger patty ready for grilling.
If you don’t eat beef, no problem, you can also use the burger press for veggie burgers, turkey meat, or even fish cakes. A burger press simplifies the grilling process and helps save a lot of time.
Reviews of the 10 Best Burger Press Options
There are so many burger presses out there that you can choose from, it’s easy to get overwhelmed or lost. This is why we wanted to make things easier for you by compiling a list of the best burger presses being sold at the moment.
Below is a list of ten options of the best burger press you can purchase, along with a list of its pros and cons:
1. Weston Burger Express Hamburger Press With Patty Ejector
If you’re looking for a great non-stick burger press, the Weston Burger Express Hamburger Press may be the burger press for you. With promises of consistently making you the perfect burger with easy removal, this burger press is worth checking out.
One of the main features that make this press stand out is the option to make burgers with different thicknesses (one-quarter inch to one and a half inches) and weight (one-quarter pound to three-quarter pounds). Also, the spring plunger button makes it easy to remove the patty.
On Amazon, this burger press has almost five thousand reviews, with an average rating of 4.5 stars, which means it is very popular. You can purchase this burger press from many retailers, such as Amazon, Walmart, and Home Depot. The price varies, so be sure to take the time to find the cheapest price. At the moment, it’s around twenty dollars on Amazon, which is a reasonable price.
- Made of aluminum, you will be sure that your burger press will last you for many barbeques to come. For those that need an extremely durable burger press, this may be the one for you.
- You can make burger patties with different thicknesses and weights.
- A non-stick coating will not only make it easier to remove your burger patties but make clean up a breeze as well.
- Ease of use: the spring plunger button will pop back up when your patties are ready to be removed.
- Multiple retailers sell this burger press, meaning the availability of this product should not be a problem.
- Unfortunately, one of the cons of this press is that there is no way for you to properly measure the size of your patties.
- The price of this burger press can vary, some retailers selling it for more expensive than others.
2. Cuisinart CSBP-100 3-in-1 Stuffed Burger Press
What’s better than burger patties made from scratch? How about stuffed burgers made from scratch!
Cuisinart is a company that has been around for many years and is known to make kitchen appliances that are both great quality and great value. So it is no surprise that when you think of the best burger press, Cuisinart would make the list. This 3-in-1 burger press will make delicious regular burgers, stuffed burgers, and sliders.
With a non-stick coating, you can easily remove your burger patties and wash your press in the dishwasher. One of the main things about this burger press that stands out from others on the market is its affordability; it is under ten dollars, which is an amazing price for a great quality burger press.
You can purchase this press from multiple retailers, and it is all priced around the same, which is convenient. According to the Cuisinart website, you can also register your Cuisinart product for their warranty, which is a great benefit. If you are looking for the best burger press on a budget, this Cuisinart 3-in-1 Stuffed Burger Press is one worth checking out.
- The ability to make both regular and stuffed burger patties. Who doesn’t love options?
- Non-stick material makes for easy patty removal and clean up.
- The additional mini-press insert also gives you the option to make delicious sliders.
- The affordable price tag at under ten dollars.
- Available to purchase from multiple retailers.
- While there has been a majority of positive reviews on this burger press, one of the main complaints involve the top not always locking properly.
3. Grillaholics Stuffed Burger Press
It should be no surprise that Grillaholics would make it to this list of the best burger press. Grillaholics specializes in grilling accessories, so of course, they make an amazing best burger press as well.
Grillaholics also includes a free recipe ebook along with your purchase. When you’re purchasing the best burger press, it’s comforting to know you would be purchasing from a company that is dedicated to all things related to grilling and knows what they are talking about.
The Grillaholics money-back guarantee is also a great perk to purchasing this burger press. If you have any issues with your burger press, Grillaholics will take care of it, whether that means getting a new burger press or getting your money back. This is a lifetime warranty, which means the company completely stands by their product and wants to make sure you are happy with your purchase.
- This Grillaholics burger press will make both regular and delicious stuffed burgers.
- The burger press is made from a durable BPA-free plastic material.
- Removable lift plate makes patty removal easy.
- Retails for a reasonable price, under 15 dollars
- 100% Lifetime Money Back Guarantee
- Some customers have found that the meat can be difficult to remove from the press.
4. Tuknon Burger Press, 3 in 1 Hamburger Patty Maker
With a five star rating out of over 200 people on Amazon, it was no doubt that the 3-in-1 burger press by Tuknon had to be included in the list of the best burger press.
The three parts of this press include one for regular burgers, one for stuffed burgers, and another for sliders.
In comparison to the other burger presses on this list, it is a little pricier at around twenty dollars, but definitely worth the money. Another thing to note is that this burger press is mainly sold at Amazon, and not at other retailers, so if you do not have an Amazon account, you may have trouble finding this burger press elsewhere.
- The variety of burgers that you can make. The three-in-one feature of the burger press makes the burger possibilities endless!
- This burger press is detachable, meaning it will be easy to clean after use.
- Dishwasher safe
- There were mostly positive reviews on this burger press, but it did unfortunately break on some customers.
- In comparison to the other options on this list, this burger press is a little more pricey
5. Shape+Store Burger Master 8-in-1 Innovative Burger Press
Another option for those wanting to make multiple burger patties at once is the Shape + Store Burger Master 8-in-1 Innovative Burger Press.
You can place up to two pounds of meat and make up to 8 quarter-pound burgers with this burger press. The separate compartments ensure that your patties don’t get freezer burn and that you don’t have patties that stick together.
Another fun fact with this product is that you can also place other frozen foods inside the press and use it as a cooler pack. With this burger press, you also have the option to make stuffed patties as well.
If this product does not work out, Shape + Store also has a 100% satisfaction guarantee; just send it back within thirty days for a full refund.
- The ability to make multiple patties at once, great for meal prep.
- This product is extremely versatile, with the ability to store frozen food inside the press.
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee, or your money back within thirty days.
- Some reviews said that burgers came out too small.
- Difficulty sealing the burger press.
6. Gladworts Burger Press Aluminum
What puts the Gladworts Burger Press on this list of the best burger press is how simple it is. With this burger press, it is all about quality over quantity. Made with aluminum, this burger press is durable and will last for a long time.
One of its most unique features is the fact that you can cook other things on top of the patty maker, making it multifunctional.
Along with the burger press, Gladworts also includes one hundred wax papers with your purchase, which is a great bonus.
- Made with durable aluminum alloy, making it long-lasting
- Easy to clean by hand
- Its compact size makes it easy to travel with
- Multi-purpose, with the ability to cook other small food on the patty maker as a small frying pan.
- Patty may be a bit difficult to remove from the press.
- Sold at only a few retailers.
7. Prepworks by Progressive Perfect Burger Press Set
For those that love to prep their meals, this burger press is perfect for you. Even if you don’t meal prep, but need to make burgers for multiple people, it is easy with this press.
This press comes with disks that you would put in between your patties so they will not stick together. The disks also have little dimples to maintain the shape of your patties.
In total, this is a thirteen piece set, which includes a meat scooper and storage lids. At under fifteen dollars, this is a great deal.
- The convenience of preparing multiple patties for dinners or parties.
- Non-stick coating, so none of your patties come out damaged.
- Dishwasher safe, for easy cleanup.
- Separating disks keep the patties from sticking together.
- Compact size, so it is easy to store.
- Might not be necessary to purchase if you do not meal prep or only make one burger at a time.
- Some have found issues with the meat patties sticking to each other.
- Quality control issues, with some of the burger presses breaking according to some reviews.
8. Prepworks by Progressive Perfect Burger Press
While Prepworks offers a burger press that you can use for meal prep, not everyone needs to make a bunch of burgers at once; that’s why they also have a highly rated burger press for when you only need to make one burger at a time.
The dimple insert creates dimples in the center of the meat so your burgers are cooked evenly and more quickly. If you want meatless burgers, you can also remove the insert. This burger press is also non-stick and dishwasher safe, for easy cooking and clean up. You can purchase this at a variety of retailers (Walmart, Kohl’s, and more) at an incredibly great price at under eight dollars.
- Removable dimple insert for even cooking.
- Nonstick coating for easy patty removal.
- Dishwasher Safe, making it easy to clean after use.
- Some reviews have found the meat to still stick to the press.
9. MiiKO Stuffed Burger Press
The Miiko Stuffed Burger Press makes it onto the list for the best burger press as it has a lot to offer for a great price.
This is a 3-in-1 burger press that includes a press for making stuffed burgers, a regular burger mold, and a slider mold. This also comes with twenty wax papers and a recipe ebook filled with twenty easy recipes, which makes this an amazing deal for beginners and experts alike.
The Miiko Stuffed Burger Press is made of a high quality, durable plastic that should last a long time. Easily washable in the dishwasher makes this burger press low maintenance, which is great. This burger press is only about ten dollars, which is an amazing price for all that you get with this burger press.
- Includes bonus items, such as wax paper and an ebook full of recipes.
- The different attachments provide the option to make regular burgers, stuffed burgers, and sliders.
- Dishwasher safe
- Nonstick coating, which also helps for easy patty removal.
- Some customers did not receive the bonus wax paper or recipe book.
10. Weber 6483 Original Burger Press
Last but not least on the list of the best burger press you can purchase, is the Weber 6483 Original Burger Press. This burger press has over one thousand reviews on Amazon with an average of 4.5 stars, making this a very popular option.
You can make a quarter pound to a half-pound burger and make consistently perfect patties with this press. This will also add a dimple to your patty, which will help evenly cook your burgers and ensures all the flavors stay in the patty.
With a removable handle and non-stick coating, you can easily wash this press in the dishwasher. With rave reviews and an affordable price tag, check out this burger press by Weber.
- Can be easily stored, with its removable handle.
- Nylon handle made for a comfortable grip.
- Affordable price tag, at around twelve dollars.
- Ability to make different sized burger patties.
- Some reviews say the burgers can be difficult to remove
- The burgers may not always stick together and sometimes stick to the mold.
A Buyer’s Guide to Purchasing the Best Burger Press
Everyone has different needs and preferences when it comes to burgers: some people like to make individual burgers, while others love to prepare multiple patties at the same time, or meal prep ahead of time. While some people only want to make simple burgers, others like the option to make stuffed burgers, or even sliders.
There are many more choices available online of great burger presses that didn’t make this list, only because we had to narrow it down to ten products.
However, there are some specifications that you may need for your burger press. If you want to narrow down your options, this buyer’s guide will help you make a decision on which burger press to get.
What a great burger press is made out of could matter a lot to consumers. Nowadays, a lot of people are concerned about the kinds of material that are used to prepare their food, such as plastic. While there are presses that are made out of BPA-free plastic, it still may be unsettling to some people.
Luckily, there are great burger presses on the market that are made out of aluminum. This will give you peace of mind if you were looking for an alternative.
Individual or Multiple Burger Press?
As you may have noticed, some of the burger presses mentioned above can prepare more than one patty at the same time.
This is great for anyone preparing dinners for multiple guests or at a party. But if you are just cooking dinner for yourself, there isn’t really a need to buy a burger press that makes a bunch of burgers at once.
Before purchasing a burger press, think about how many servings of burgers you’ll actually need.
When looking for a burger press, take note of how often you’re actually going to use it. If you barbeque every weekend, then maybe splurging on a more expensive press is worth it to you.
That being said, if you only make burgers once or twice a year, we suggest saving your money and buy one that is no more than ten dollars.
While burger presses in general are on the more affordable side, don’t spend more money than you have to if you don’t intend on using it a lot.
Some of these burger presses come with additional attachments, which give you the option to stuff your burger patties to further enhance the flavor of your burger. Other options in this list even have attachments to make sliders.
While having the ability to make a variety of burgers is great, what it comes down to is whether or not it’s necessary for you. If you are just looking to make a simple burger with no additional bells and whistles, then maybe you don’t need the extra attachments.
Warranty and Return Policy
While this is a list of some of the best burger presses at the moment, you need to take into consideration when purchasing an appliance how important a warranty or return policy is to you.
Remember to check the return policy of the store that you’re purchasing from; on the off chance that your burger press doesn’t work out for you, always make sure that you can return your product for either a refund or an exchange. Also check the time period for return policies (30 days, 90 days, etc.).
Some of the items mentioned offer a money-back guarantee, which is great. Other companies also offer a great warranty as well, so it is something to keep in mind.
Our Top Pick…
While all of the burger presses mentioned above are great in their own way, we do have our top picks.
If we had to choose only one product to recommend, it would be the Prepworks by Progressive Burger Press. It gets rave reviews, you get additional attachments, and it’s extremely affordable at around eight dollars. Overall, this burger press is both great quality and great value.
Our runner up would have to be the Grillaholics Stuffed Burger Press. While it is a little more expensive than the Prepworks burger press, it also has many positive reviews online, and it’s 100% Money Back Guarantee is great because you know you can always get a refund or exchange if something is wrong with your product.
So, there you have it: the ten best burger press options out on the market right now.
There is something for everyone on this list of the best burger press. Whether you need one made of plastic or aluminum, you prefer regular burgers or stuffed burgers, there is a press out there for you. Hopefully, this list of options for the best burger press has helped you make an informed decision on which product to purchase!